Major service areas include:
Greater Houston Area
- Dallas / Ft. Worth Region
- San Antonio Area
Food Service Worker
- Food handler certification
- Background Check
- Background - Fingerprinting
- 6 months - 1 year of food service / customer service experience required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- professional demeanor
All employees need to be available for 30-40 hours / week during the hours of:
- 6am - 4pm
All employees should be prepared to work in a kitchen environment with the following dress code requirements. These will be required to have BEFORE starting your assignment.
- Black Slacks (Dickies / work pants)
- Black Non-Slip Shoes
- Black Belt
- White Polo / Black Polo
DPS Hospitality Team:
Texas Hospitality Manager
DFW Regional Staffing Coordinator
Houston/ College Station Regional Staffing Coordinator
San Antonio Regional Staffing Coordinator
Hospitality Client Service Liaison
800-805-9318 (Toll Free)
Our goal is to provide qualified, professional food service staff (food service workers, culinary staff, and management) during planned and unplanned absences and vacancies for K-12 education facilities.
- Candidates will be screened, interviewed and selected based on experience, personality and skill.
- Candidates will be required to pass a background check based on client requirements, (fingerprinting is required), and must have a valid Food Handler Certification on file with DPS.
- Assignments may be short term (1-2 days) or long term (multiple weeks - semester long)
- Normal business hours can range anywhere between 6am - 4pm, Monday - Friday depending on the hours of service of the assigned location.
- *optional afternoon / evening program staff available
- Attempts will be made to place employees near their closest school location based on region, however this is not gauranteed.
At Dean's Professional Services, we offer an array of benefits for our K-12 food service worker employees. For additional information in regards to benefits, please contact the
ACA Compliant Healthcare Benefits
DPS offers ACA (Affordable Care Act) Compliant Health Benefit Plans for DPS Employees. Coverage Options include the following.
Eligibility Requirements: 30 days of employment with an average of 30 hours per week.
At DPS, we offer two options to receive your payroll funds. For questions in regards to payroll, please contact the DPS Payroll Team.
- Direct Deposit
- ADP Aline Paycard - (VISA Prepaid Card)
- Discretionary 401K Program (eligible after 1 year of employment)
Call Offs and Late Calls
DPS employees are required to report to their DPS Project Coordinator for time off, call offs and late calls. This includes vacation requests, sick call and time keeping issues. If requested by the client, employees can also be notified to contact the site manager as well. The DPS Project Coordinator will notify the site manager and provide details on replacement staff (when available). DPS has a time and attendance disciplinary policy for unexcused absences and late arrivals.
Time Entry & Payroll
DPS employees are required to enter their time daily into the DPS WebCenter. Approval process can be customized for the client. DPS Payroll is processed weekly. All time approval is due by Monday at noon of the following work week.
Performance & Evaluations:
All performance related matters, HR issues, work-related injuries and disciplinary action are handled by the DPS Project Management Team. The site supervisor should immediately contact Dean’s Professional Services when behavioral, injury or performance issues occur.
Surveys on performance will be distributed to each site manager every 30 days or upon completion of the assignment. Feedback is vital in assisting Dean’s Professional Services with reviews and on going program improvement. Employees will be required to complete a survey regarding the assignment as well.
Disciplinary Action Steps:
- Step 1 - Verbal Coaching
- Step 2 - Written Notice
- Step 3 - Termination
*Termination may be considered in a situation immediately or when an individual has a consistent pattern or repeated violations
Basic Conduct Standards:
Employees are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with Dean’s Professional Services and client standards. Violations of standards are grounds for disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Examples of Common Violations:
- Falsifying a timesheet
- Cell phone use while working
- Gross misconduct or violation of state or federal law
- Theft or abuse of employees or employee’s property or company or client
- Violation of the drug or nicotine policy
- Violation of the dress code policy
- Excessive absenteeism and/or tardiness
- Sleeping on the job
- Violation of patient confidentiality, if working in a healthcare environment
Dress Code Policy
It is the employee’s responsibility to exercise good judgement in matters of appearance, attire, and grooming while on duty. Violations of the dress code policy are grounds for disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
White or black button down / polo shirt, black pants, black belt (if worn) and black slip resistant shoes are required dress code for the DPS K-12 Food Service Workers.
*If you would like to request a different uniform or will be issuing a uniform to our staff, please notify your DPS Project Coordinator.
Employee Appearance Policy Guidelines:
- If you are required to wear specific safety equipment, gear or clothing – it is your responsibility to be within guidelines at all times.
- Black Slip / Skid resistant shoes are required – NO EXCEPTIONS
- Blouses / shirts with open collars that provide inappropriate exposure are unacceptable
- Untrimmed facial hair, shaggy or unsightly hair are unacceptable
- Jewelry of any kind should not be worn while working
- Acrylic Nails are not to be worn
- Nails should be neat and clean
- Tattoos should be covered at all times
- Uniforms should be pressed, neat and clean at all times
- DPS Employee ID Badge must be worn at all times
- Body piercings including tongue, eyebrow, lip, etc. must be removed while on site.
- Black pants should be work pant style, example - dickies brand / khakis
- No Jeggings, wripped / torn, sagging allowed - NO EXCEPTIONS
- Uniforms should not have a logo
- Uniforms should be neat and clean
- Non slip shoes should be all black
School Calendars & Locations
Ft. Worth ISD 2019-2020 Calendar